President General gives Pope a report on the canonization of Ozanam
On October 14, during the ceremony in St. Peter's Square (Vatican), within the commemorations of the 400th anniversary of the Vincentian Charism, brother Renato Lima de Oliveira, 16th President General of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, gave to Pope Francis an eight-page document concerning the canonization of the main founder of the SSVP, blessed Frederick Ozanam.
The report given to the Supreme Pontiff contains the following themes:
1) the way of holiness within the SSVP;
2) servants of God, venerable, blessed and Vincentian saints (brothers and sisters);
3) life, work and profile of Frederic Ozanam;
4) details of the process of canonization of Ozanam up to date;
5) additional information about the cases sent by the Council General International for Vatican analysis (Brazil, Portugal, Scotland and Venezuela).
Francis also received a copy of the book “Ozanam, professor at the Sorbonne: his life and his work”, written by Kathleen O'Meara and translated by Javier Chento, considered the best biography of Ozanam, since the author personally interviewed his wife, Amelie Soulacroix. The presentation of this book was written by the President General. The Pope also received the book “In love for charity and justice”, in Spanish, a new book written by the President General.
The Ozanam’s Canonization Department at the Council General International (CGI) is composed of Father Giuseppe Guerra (of the Congregation of the Mission, Italy), Amin André de Tarrazzi (12th President General, from France, and responsible for the beatification of Ozanam) and Sebastián Gramajo (from Argentina, responsible for the legal affairs at CGI). In tune with the President General, this Department is actively working so that the SSVP can soon rejoyce with the proclamation of Ozanam as saint. Let’s pray!