Argentine SSVP Youth Meeting
From 05 to 08 of January 2017, at the "La Consolata and Juan Cinotto" Institute of SSVP, was held the IX SSVP Argentine National Youth Meeting (ENAJUVI). Under the motto "Let's transform the world in the manner of Ozanam!", 50 young vincentians gathered in the town of Sampacho, province of Cordoba, to celebrate together another ENAJUVI. The participants included young people who came from San Francisco del Chañar, La Plata, Bahia Blanca, Navarro, Tucuman and Formosa.
The meeting had 10 lectures, distributed over three days, each one of them connected to a key word (Protagonism, Identity, SSVP and union). It also carries out activities of games and recreation, prayers and visits to important points of the locality where the meeting was held.
The main topics presented at the event were:
- "Youth leadership like Vincent" and "Communication techniques";
- "Vincentian vocation", presented by Father Daniel Alvarez (CM) and Sister Solange (FC);
- "The importance of the Systemic Change in our vincentian identity", theme presented by Father Gustavo González (CM);
- "Reality of the vincentian youth", theme presented by the sister Ada Ferreira (CGI - Brazil);
- "The importance of the prayer in the Conferences", presented by Adriana Molina, SSVP National Vice-President;
- "My experience as a young vincentian", testimony presented by brother Marcelo Ferrando.
At the end of the meeting was held the first Youth Assembly, coordinated by the National Youth Commission, which informed the young people about the various events and meetings to be held during the year, in special the events to celebrate the 400th Vincentian Charism aaniversary. Also was present to the meeting the 3rd. Vice-president of the SSVP International General Council (CGI), brother Sebastián Gramajo, who presented the Council's work planes and encouraged the young vincentians with the proposals for the youth formulated by the new CGI board that coordinates the SSVP at international level.
According to the sister Camila Mendieta Lazo, a member of the National Youth Commission, the meeting was possible thanks to a great effort made by the young vicentians of Cordoba in their organization. "I would like to remember a phrase of Frederic Ozanam - I have never been able to live without friends! I thank God for this ENAJUVI, for what he left in each one of the hearts of the young people who participated and I hope that they continue animated in their mission, renewing our beloved Society and above all, following Jesus in the manner of Vincent and our founders.", she said.