SSVP Bolívia Annual Meeting
On December 10 and 11, 2016, the VII SSVP Bolivia Conferences Annual Meeting was held in Cochabamba, with the participation of nine Conferences among the eleven that are currently active in this country of South America. The meeting was chaired by Leny Gusman Temo, National President, and was attended by 35 Vincentians.
The central themes presented at the meeting were:
- Roots of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, presented by the sister Romané Antezana;
- Vincentian Spirituality, theme presented by Sister Maria Elizabeth Massiel, Daughter of Charity;
The following reports were also highlighted in the meeting:
- Official presentation of the national statutes, with the commitment to elaborate the regulations for the 2017 management;
- Announcement of aggregation approval to the SSVP of seven (7) conferences of Bolivia;
- Presentation of the first Bolivia SSVP Newsletter;
- Presentation of drafts for future services projects to be carried out by San Juan Conference of Uspha Uspha and San Juan Bautista Conference of Porongo;
- Presentation of the Annual Report by the President of the National Council;
- Approval of the place and date of the VIII Annual Meeting 2017, to be held in the city of Trinidad, Beni State, on 28 and 29 October 2017, when the new National President will be elected for the period 2017-2020;
At the end of the Meeting, the celebration of the Eucharist was held by Father Jorge Manríquez, vincentian father of Cochabamba.
According to the National Council of Bolivia President, Leny Gusmán Temo, the Annual Meeting emphasized the spiritual and vincentian formation, where the participation of the members was highlighted, who were the protagonists invited to present the different themes.